Monday, March 12, 2012

A Poultry Princess Poem :)

I’m a fan of sparkles
and a bit of a reader
I can fix broken water lines
and the occasional feeder
the last time I cried was at my nephew’s wedding
and often I worry about pounds I’m not shedding
I misplace my phone, my purse, and my keys
and often get made fun of for my delicate sneeze
I sing louder than I should… I hope you don’t care
and I KNOW I’m not fooling ANYONE with this color of hair
I once swung a stick at a man and chased him off my farm
and screamed IT’S A GOOD THING I KNOW JESUS OR I’D DO YOU SOME HARM
I love Nutella and Clint, just not in that order
and in about half a second, I could be a book hoarder
the Pledge of Allegiance can reduce me to tears
and I’m troubled at time by dark, unnamed fears
I miss my kids being home, the fun and the loud
but I love who they married and can’t help but be proud
I’m a protector of turtles, and snakes, and baby birds fallen from trees
and I spend hours outside and don’t put sunscreen on me
I check cows, I check chickens, I write checks to pay bills
and I ponder with fondness my childhood in the hills
I despise drama mama-s and sinister sisters
I’ll plant a garden and hoe it and raise nothing but blisters
I got God, I’ve got Clint, my kids, my church and  my friends
and stories to tell that never seem to end
I love to be comfy and friendly and laughing and hate tenseness
and this is all a big part of being a proud Poultry Princess

1 comment:

  1. You sweet Princess, I love it all! But - please. Use some sunscreen.

    ReplyDelete